1) How can Easy Job Quote help me?
- If you have any hesitation or concerns about selecting a contractor to do your project, we can help. Easy Job Quote can save you time, frustration, even overwhelm, by doing thedue diligence research for you.
- When you select one of our member contractors, our system provides a full, legal contractof your job, clearly stating all terms stated and agreed upon.
- Easy Job Quote can save you time and inconvenience with our one home appointmentsystem.
2) How much will my job cost?
- Easy Job Quote allows the market to direct pricing. We offer a blind bidding system thatprotects against the contractors feeling pressure to race to impossibly low pricing, yet encouraging fair pricing. Every member contractor knows we want them to have a successful, profitable project, and that they are bidding with other contractors who also want your job.
- Our team has very experienced contractor/estimator to create your job description, who knows the general level a job should cost. If we see a bid that comes in too high or too low, we ask the contractor to review or further clarify their bid amount.
3) Do I have to select one of the bids?
- You are under no obligation to select one of our bids. You have paid the home visit fee,and that has covered our costs. While we want to help you with your selection, and bringa job to one of our members, there is no further obligation.
- When you do select a bid, we provide a contract and mutual contact information. As this isnot yet a signed contract, you are still under no obligation. As with all contracts, even after you sign, you can still cancel or amend the contract with your contractor. Our service was to assist you with our due diligence package, and to connect you with a qualified contractor as easily as possible.
4) Are you in (insert city) yet?
- Thank you for your inquiry! We are a young company proving our model in Victoria, BC,but hope to expand our franchise to your hometown soon.
- If you are an entrepreneur or a contractor looking to continue using your expertise in therenovation/construction market, this will be a great opportunity for you.
5) Why should I call you if the contractors offer free estimates?
- If you want to contact several contractors and handle the due diligence aspect yourself, we are not for you…BUT, as in all business, there is no free. Contractors build the costs of travel and time estimating into your final cost, and in some cases you are covering the costs of the jobs they didn’t get, as well. Easy Job Quote saves contractors this time, as well as marketing and resource expenses, thereby lowering their, and ultimately, your costs.
- Referral fees are a part of most businesses, and construction is no exception. The industry standard referral fee ranges 10-25%. We charge 9%, clearly stated, with a goal to saving you and your contractor costs, bringing greater clarity and cost savings to this industry.
6) Can you recommend a good contractor?
- We are a service business aimed directly at finding you a good contractor, but we are not a catalogue or direct referral service. Our review process and due diligence allows you to choose from our member contractors who have bid on your job. Your review helps future clients, and Easy Job Quote, determine who is a good contractor.
- Good contractor means different things to different people, and different jobs. Sometimes people are looking for a quick,basic job,and sometimes a high quality,detailed job. Some people like a contractor with strong social skills, and some want no social interaction. Sometimes a job is underway when the family is still in residence, and cleanliness of workplace is important. For others, they won’t be around, and it is the end result they are after. You get to select the skill set that best suits you.
7) What do you review?
- We use a five point review process covering the issues we feel most homeowners value: Quality, cleanliness, professional behaviour, promptness, and likelihood to recommend.
- Easy Job Quote asks for five references when a member joins, and we interview the references directly. Once a contractor is a member, we collect reviews from our own clients which keeps a current, accountable profile for our future clients.
8) Can your person start this week?
- Our process is a multi-step process. We can come to your home usually within a day or two, and have your tender posted, in most cases, by the following Monday. We will hold your job open for at least one week to allow all our qualified members to prepare their bid, closing on the Sunday night. You are then able to select your contractor, and they can begin as soon as they are able.
- If timing is an issue, we will do what we can to expedite your request, but our bid time is always one week to be fair to our full membership.
9) Can your contractors meet my conditions?
- An important part of our job posting is to present any terms and conditions you may have, such as completion dates, times of day when work can be done, non-smoking, etc. For a bid to be complete, the contractor must respond to these terms and conditions, either accepting, declining, or offering an alternative. This will assist you in making your selection.
10) What do I get for my home visit fee?
- Easy Job Quote will come to your home at a time convenient for your schedule. We do weekend and evening visits, as well as daytime visits.
- We provide extremely experienced personnel to review your renovation. Because we are not in the bidding to complete your job, we are in an ideal, neutral position to have a thorough conversation, and answer your questions without causing you concern or embarrassment in exploring your options.
- Our Project Developers have considerable experience in estimating jobs, so know exactly what to present to our member contractors. We take measurements, photos, and any other information they will need to properly bid on your job.
- We prepare what we call a “job tender” to present online to our members. You will be able to review this tender prior to posting. Your information is secure and confidential, as we only release contacts to both sides when a bid selection has been made.
- Upon selection of your contractor, a full contract is provided.
- Easy Job Quote has gathered all relevant information for you regarding all our member tradespeople. We do the time costly due diligence for you.
- When your job is complete, we ask you to provide a review. This gives the homeowner a true voice in the market. All our members know this, welcome your input, knowing how powerful this is to their reputation. We aim to celebrate the quality work being done in our communities.
1) How can Easy Job Quote help me?
- Easy Job Quote helps our member contractor in many ways. Firstly, we bring jobs to you electronically. No more leaving existing jobs to find new jobs.
- We save you time and money on travel, lost revenue when you leave your job to find another, and only win some of those jobs. We save you time and money on marketing, as we do this for you.
- Because we collect client reviews, we celebrate the good work you do. Your reviews can win you your future jobs.
- Every job we post has been verified to be a legitimate job, ready to go. Your time is not wasted on unrealistic requests.
2) How much will this cost me?
- At this time, there is no cost to you. As we franchise our model, there will be a modest membership fee, but for now, we welcome your interest in this new concept. We do invoice for our referral fee of 9%, which you will factor into your bid price.
3) Are you in (insert city) yet?
- Not yet, but thank you for asking. We are proving our business model in Victoria, BC. If you are an entrepreneur, or tradesperson interested in the opportunity of using your skills in our company, we welcome a conversation.
4) Am I obligated to bid?
- While we encourage you to bid on all jobs presented for you, there is obligation. If your bid is successful, and you are introduced to our client, a full contract outlining all
5) Why should people use you when I give free estimates?
If you are truly giving free estimates, you have a significant revenue leak, and this will impact your profitability. If you are factoring the estimation time into the final price, then this is not actually a free estimate. Either way, you should be paid for your valuable time. Let us save you the time, and your clients their money.